Motivated and interested? Apply now for an internship at the European Office of Baden-Württemberg's municipalities!

Making coffee was yesterday: With us, you are a member of the community from the very beginning and are included in all tasks. You will be actively supported and guided by our head of office Patrick Wegener - a former intern himself - his deputy Jonathan Koch and our assistant Tanja Sprungala. You will conduct independent research and contribute to our newsletter „Brüssel Aktuell“, which is published every two weeks. You will visit community-relevant events and report on them to the other members of the office community.

You will meet other interns who will introduce you to the internship-network in Brussels. You will learn how we represent municipal interests in Brussels and present them with network partners.

Together with the European Offices of the Bavarian and Saxon municipalities, we form a powerful office community in the heart of the European Quarter in the immediate vicinity of the EU Commission, the European Parliament and the Council.

You will experience an international flair in a European capital that is worth living in. You learn to act successfully interculturally. And of course, you may get to know the Belgian frites and the sauces that go with them.

Did you get an appetite, and are you studying administrative science, political science, a humanities, social science or similar, then get in touch with us.

Duration of the internship

The interns of the European Office are fully integrated into the work processes of the office community. Therefore, we offer an internship period of two to three months.

Language skills

Europe is united in diversity - also in linguistic terms. We expect active and practiced speaking skills in English. In addition, knowledge of French is an advantage.

Internship Compensation

The European Office of the Municipalities of Baden-Württemberg cannot pay internship allowances. However, the EU and the German Academic Exchange Service offer financial support to promote cross-border mobility. It is recommended that you contact the International Office of your university or college in this regard.